- Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Microfollicular Hair Transplant
- Donor dominance.
- Back of the head hair are genetically programmed not to fall.
- Autologous transplant –no risk of rejection.
- Process is straight forward-hair redistribution.
HAIR RESTORATION TECHNIQUES :
- PUNCH GRAFTING-2-4 mm punch (old technique).
- FOLLICULER UNIT TRANSPLANT (by taking skin strip from back of head)
- FOLLICULER UNIT EXTRACTION (without taking skin strip)-
CRITERIA FOR SELECTING CANDIDATE:
- Age :>25years
- Hair shaft caliber –large caliber>70 microns.
- Donor hair->80 follicular unit/sq.cm
- Degree of baldness –frontal.
- Hair color –Brown hair are preferential to jet black hair.
- Patient expectations.
AUTOMATED FUE TECNIQUE
- Instrument based technique designed & patented by French scientist using electrically controlled flow of compressed air.
- 0.8 to 1.4mm circular scalpel used for removing grafting.
- Second arm of robotic machine is used for transplanting hair to the recipient site.
- Up to 3000 hairs can be transplanted.
- 1-2 sessions are required in any transplant.
ADVANTAGE OF AUTOMATED FUE
- Less operative time (office time procedure
- No scar, no stitches.
- Excellent quality hair grafts with higher success rate.
- Eyebrow reconstruction, traumatic scar over hair bearing area can be repaired in a better way
FUE Vs FUT
- Both procedure complimentary to each other.
- Individual choice
- Automated FUE grafts are undoubtedly better.
- FUE can be combined with FUT.