Melanocyticnaeviare also known as moles in the medical field. They are black or dark brown in color and can appear in small clusters or alone. From one individual to another, their texture is different. For some people, they are smooth while for others they are coarse when touched. For other people, hair grows inside while for others they do not.
How do Moles Develop on the Skin?
Moles grows when melanocytes, which is a kind of skin cell grows in clusters, instead of being distributed uniformly throughout the skin. This is the main reason why they are darker than the surrounding area. Hormonal changes are responsible for triggering them. These include
- Pregnancy: This comes with different kind of changes in the body of a woman. However, pregnancy does not bring more moles, but moles present have the tendency of becoming darker in color.
- Teenage: There are hormonal changes the moment a person comes of age. This tends to make the moles occur.
- Sunlight: An exposure to sunlight can also trigger the development of moles as well. The moles that are caused by exposure to sunlight can turn to skin cancer or melanoma.
Types of Moles
Moles are of different type, but the most common types include:
·Dermal melanocytic naevi: They normally swell from the skin and have the tendency of having a pale hue.
·Junctional melanocytic naevi: These lies flat over the skin and are usually black or deep brown in color.
·Compound melanocytic naevi: These bulge from the skin and may have hair in them.
The uncommon types of moles include Halo naevi, blue naevei, and atypical naevi.
For patients who have developed melanoma, the removal of moles is essential. For patients with cancerous moles, there is only one option that will be effective in removing it – surgical procedure. Apart from this, people who prefer to remove moles because of cosmetic reasons can use natural, surgical or laser mole removal.
Surgery procedure of removing mole
There are basically three methods of removing mole through a surgical procedure. They are punch biopsy, shave excision and excisional surgery.
- The punch biopsy procedure involves the use of a special device in punching out some piece of the skin. It is used mostly for smaller skin moles.
- The excisional surgery method is used for malignant or flat skin moles.
- The shave excision is used in situations where the moles are above the skin. The shave excision procedure involves the doctor applying some local painkiller to the nearby area of the mole. After this, small, sharp scalpel is used to shave the mole down to its surface.
Laser Mole Removal
This is the best option for moles that are black or brown in color and flat. The entire removal of the mole requires you to visit a dermatologist’s office or a physician at most thrice. A local anesthetic is applied to the skin area and a laser is used to take off the mole tissue. For larger moles, it is not advisable to use this procedure.Newlook Laser Clinic is your one-stop place to treat your moles through the use of a laser. They have experienced dermatologist to attend to your needs irrespective of the type of mole on the skin. Just to ensure that you get the best, they offer free booking consultation. Many of their clients can testify to the effectiveness of this laser procedure performed by their team of expertise.
Now you know where to go for your mole treatment, irrespective of the treatment method you choose (natural, surgical or laser mole removal), a dermatologist that is well qualified before treatment should examine you. A full body skin examination should be carried out like the procedure at the New Look Laser Clinic.
To know more information about laser mole removal treatment. Book your Appointment at our Noida, Faridabad, Delhi, Ghaziabad and Gurgaon location Click here